A video collaboration between Palm Sunday & Von Pixel for onefinebunch.com
models: Steph George, Tiffany Ramos
styling: Palm Sunday
directed by: Palm Sunday vs Von Pixel
pixel hugging: Von Pixel
audio: Nelly / Hot In Herre
I recently switched up to a Vimeo plus account so figure I would repost my old reel. Ive got loads of new works to edit together for a new reel and should be doing that within the next few weeks.
In the meantime, enjoy my 2013 reel in glorious vimeo plus embedded HD.
Finally chose a name for the game. Introducing HEAVY SHELL: Tactical Mech Warfare.
This wallpaper (1920x1080) features one of the ‘Kings Of Hell” logo- a Private Military Corp in the game. Screen Shot saturday is tomorrow and I plan on revealing a whole bunch more about the game.
UMT DEVLOG 06
What’s in a name?
I can not say really. We have a back up name, a last resort if nothing comes out of the ether by the end of the month. Coming up with a name for this game so that it can properly be talked about has been the biggest challenge so far creatively. Work has been done on this game on and off for the past year and half now, but never a name.
Speaking of work, lots (and I mean lots) has been accomplished lately. I don’t wanna take the covers off and roll it out onto the show room floor just yet- but very very soon now (a game developers favorite time frame)- the lights will go on, and you will all know what consumes me through my waking hours.
In the mean time, how about some hillarious physics tests?
Here are some early work in progress shots of the hanger where the mechs live. Looks very different now. It went through about 3 different versions until I liked one enough to evolve it more.
Von Pixel - Slo Null (wip mix)
Been working on lots of music- so here is a vertical slice from a work in progress live set Im working on called “House Of Pixel”. This slice is called Slo Null and is about fuck winter.
VON PIXEL - ULTRA BABE ATTK! (Original Mix)
This is the third track on my upcoming release “XOXO Acid ep” on Maetta Records.
NEON GREY | TACTICAL MECH WARFARE
we chose a name!
(EDIT ———- No we didn’t. Met a fellow game designer who also named his name Neon Grey. I gave the name up as he was much further along in development than I, plus the name honestly did fit his game a little bit better… so…
Where ever you see NEON GREY think that cool mech tactics game instead for now)
NEON GREY | TACTICAL MECH WARFARE
So- the biggest news is that we chose a name for the game. After a long time and huge list of potential names, Neon Grey emerged from the density of space and now we’re here.
The last 2 weeks have seen a lot of work get done. The game is starting to slowly get a distinct look- and the basic pipeline is rounding out very nicely. A few assets were tweeked- and level design tile painting tools are starting to come together.
The meat & potatoes of the game- or rather the massive mechanized war shells- are starting to get their basic components too. The combat system still is not properly functional- but the different piles of code are starting to all build up and reach out to each other. Wont be long now til a very basic system is set up and you can click on things to shoot their parts out.
One of the most fun things recently done was we got together in the same room and hashed out our story line. We have a 1000 or so years of history, factions and ideas worked out and are now in the process of converting that mass nebulous story into actual text that lives in .doc.
Some discussion was done on presentation too. I come from a motion graphics background and just let something fade up on the screen. This is a sci-fi war game. Their needs to be a pressense of media- or life. This is a world with millions living on it- and millions more refugees arriving every few cycles.
We want to put a lot of effort into little things that tie together whats going on underneath the main story to the game. The game it’s self will twist, branch and writhe a bit as the player pokes at it- and we want to make sure that details are appreciated.
Thats about all Im gonna say for today.
Oh- NEONGREYTACTICS.COM is a thing now- though it doesnt do a thing. But you can check it out. We also listed on indieDB.
FULL COLOUR PODCAST
So I started Full Colour as means to experiment with long form DJ / Live sets of stuff Im working on- and tracks Im enjoying. Always a full colour musical journey through different kinds of electronic music. I’ve been DJing or messing around with music for the better part of my life now and its time I start recording it. These mixes also serve as the soundtrack to many of my late night coding sessions or VFX sessions. It’s turning into a monthly podcast though as it starts to get a life of its own.
Future guests will showcase their own full colour journey through music. The next one will feature house music chief Fawn B.C. and her unique take on house / disco / what ever the fuck she wants really.
Further down the line will be some live mixes / live pa hybrids and some guests from Norway, Japan and more.
You can follow the show at its home page (which is basically a soundcloud playlist I’m hosting).
FULL COLOUR SHOW PLAYLIST (opens new window)
FULL COLOR 02
Mixed by Von Pixel
winter drifting summer anonymous future house
artist / title / label
01. Kevin McPhee / P1P2 / Naked Lunch
02. DJ Sneak / Battles Over / Watergate Records
03. Martin Ikin / What You’ve Done / Off Recordings
04. Seph & Jeremy P. Caulfield / Gravitas / Dumb Unit
05. Tiefschwarz feat. Mama / Black Magic Woman / Dumb Unit
06. Youandewan / 0500 / Hypercolour
07. Kris Wadsworth / Fan Mail / Hypercolour
09. Sei A / Hyphen / Hemlock Recordings
10. Squire Spain / Anomalie Movini (Paul Woodford rewurq) / Metro Dance Records
11. Wade / The Jonbenet / Draft
12. Alex Coulton / Function / Hypercolour
13. Von Pixel / Molasses / Spliced Vinyl Records
14. Diego Santana / Dark Matter / Humatron Music
15. Last Magpie / Leavin’ Me / Hypercolour
16. Von Pixel / (unreleased mix) / Maetta Records
17. Sei A / Made Of Something / Turbo Recordings
18. Andre Walter & Chris Hope / NYC / Subcodex
19. Porno Poltergeist / Sigmoid Portal (Von Pixel’s Portal 2 Uranus Rmx) / Spliced Vinyl Records
20. Glimpse / Julia / Hypercolour
21. Avatism & Clockwork / One Trick Pony / Dumb Unit
22. Kevin McPhee / Unwind / Idle Hands
23. Alci / Naked Sucker / Robsoul Recordings
24. Theo Parish feat. Dwele / I Can Take It / Sound Signature
25. Marc Romboy / L’Arc Eb Ciel (Trikk remix) / This Is Music - More Music
26. Deetron & George Fitzgerald / Every Inch (Deetron remix) / Hypercolour
27. Kevin McPhee / Who Loves You / Brain Math
28. Kornel Kovacs / Down Since ‘92 / Bulletdodge
29. Mossa / Wonder / Cynosure Recordings
30. Mike Shannon / Surrender / Haunt
31. Lee Curtis / Nook / Dumb Unit
32. Bollen Fichtner / Sophos / Lowroom Recordings
33. Jon Hopkins / Open Eye Signal / Domino
34. Mike Dehnert / FK / Fatchwerk Digital
You can dl a 320kb mp3 from the soundcloud page.
The next Full Colour will feature a special guest- party rocking house music chief - FAWN B.C.