HEAVY SHELL UPDATE
Things are still happening, but Ive gone purposely dark about the game for the time being. Its ages away blah blah so on.
No new releases for another month or two. But then 2 EPs.
So in mean time, eat the club. Free download
They wanna be me
Bootleg remix of RuPaul’s Cover Girl.
A 23 minute mini mega mix of Unreleased and original tunes from my self.
1 - Sunrise Kush (0531 version)- Von Pixel
2 - Drunk Mario Kart (mouthwash version) - Von Pixel
3 - Howse - Von Pixel
4 - Untitled 33 - Von Pixel
A compilation of the 4 free tracks I gave away this year. I got a few friends who will be turning in remixes soon.
(if you are wondering whats going on with Heavy Shell- don’t worry things are still very alive).
Another free tune to eat your dreams
FULL COLOR 03
Mixed by Von Pixel
snow steam spring step sunrise sashays
deep / / house // techno
artist / title /
01. Farben / Farben says: love oh love
02. Abdulla Rashim / Kallocain
03. Alan Fitzpatrick / 9 Hours Later (Markus Suckut redefinition 1)
04. Kevin McPhee / Blue Organ
05. Von Pixel / Boreal (VP’s hue swing rmx)
06. Lil Wayne / Nightmares of the Bottom (LOL Boys edit)
07. Lionrock / Packet Of Peace (Jeff Mills deep house mix)
08. Kid Subline / Afrofunkrhythm
09. Flim / Mind Control (Von Pixel remix)
10. Pulse Plant / Stolen Goods (Von Pixel remix)
11. Kris Wadsworth / Junky Lust
12. NTFO + Rhadow / Hype! (Re-UP remix)
13. Von Pixel / Slo Null
14. Linkwood / R.I.P
15. Kid Sublime / Gon B Alright
16. Dale Howard / C’Mon
17. Gregor Thresher / Frontline (Nic Fanciulli remix)
18. Nautiluss / Mixed Numbers
19. Nik Sand / Normal
20. Nautiluss / Corvus (Lost in space mix)
21..Matthew Dear / Dog Days (Acapella mix)
22. Seven Davis Jr / One
23. Red Rack’Em / In Love Again
This is a great little collection of games that I’ve been seeing around in various dev sources out there. I recommend checking them all out!
TIGSource Devlog Magazine #17
Hey, sorry for being this late! The next issue will hopefully be live on Friday :)
Please reblog this issue and help us give awesome indie games more exposition!
You can also read this issue on the TIGSource forums, reddit and Imgur
As usual, links for all 17 devlogs featured in this issue: Back to Earth, Elarooh, Elysis, Even the Ocean, Heavy Shell, Halfway, Incriminator, moonman, NDE, Proof, Rise & Shine, Warlocks, Tako’s Japanese, The Curious Expedition, The Running Dead, Vagante, Zombygon
HEAVY SHELL: Tactical Mech Warfare
Been taking the covers off it lately, as the game is starting to come together. HEAVY SHELL is a tactical mech strategy RPG coming to Windows, Mac and Linux at some point in the future.
The behind the scenes stuff is coming along nicely. Being the total pro amateur that I am. I’ve made great use of Unity’s Asset Store. Im using a few packages to bring together a few main things, and im glueing it all together with Playmaker. Im at about 60% on the “feature” list of things that Im plugging together and the game is actually a bit playable! Things you can do in the game:
- Move your dudes into cover
- Be shot at by enemy mechs!
- Shoot at bad guys until you have no AP left.
- Watch explosions.
- Enjoy a very poorly implemented dynamic action camera
- Repeat the same mission!
My next area of focus will be on getting the hub design in check. The mech bay has been started, but operations, barracks and other things need to be designed + I need to build all systems that will manage the gameplay elements there.
Luckily thats all mostly GUI driven- and the GUI is something that I plan on getting started on very soon too. I know once I open that flood gate, im not going to want to stop until there is a solid foundation in there that I like.
So there you go! Now you know more! Progress is flyin’ along.
(the gui in here is 1/2 a real thing and 1/2 a photoshop mock up)